Urgent IT Network and Security Administrator for Bahrain[09/26/17]
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, USA, Australia, Singapore & India.
VAM Systems is currently looking for IT Network and Security Administrator for our Bahrain operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
Scope of Work
• Design of IT network for new branches and data centers
• Integration of network devices into the Authority data network as well as integrating them with the Authority network management systems
• Defining and updating the network devices standards to comply with the Authority IT security policies.
• Supervision of network technicians during performing new assignments or troubleshooting network issues.
• Analyze and respond to incidents affecting the network performance in all the Authority branches and data centers.
• Prepare the network for efficient performance and health monitoring
• Conduct continuous monitoring and performance tuning against the Authority network
• Responsible for physical design and connectivity of the Authority data centers
• Configure and apply changes onto the core and server farm switches in the Authority data centers
• Prepare and update network and data center diagrams and documentation
• Participate in disaster recovery testing related to the Authority IT network
• Reporting to the Authority IT network manager on all assigned tasks on a weekly basis
• Design and configure the Authority Antivirus server application system to manage all the antivirus agents
• Install and configure network firewalls at the Authority branches and data centers
• Manage firewall policies on branch firewalls and data centers clustered firewalls
• Apply intrusion prevention policies on the Authority network
• Monitor health status and performance of the network security systems
• Apply IPSec configuration and policies on the Authority network devices
• Update and configuration of the Authority Internet browsing proxy servers
• Perform security vulnerability scanning against the Authority IT environment.
• Administer network load balancer F5 (LTM, GTM and APM)
• Administration of the Authority IP Telephony system and IP Telephone sets hardware configuration
• Monitor the availability of the telephony gateways and links that connect the Authority voice network with the service provider
• Perform asset management process activities such as updates and regular reconciliation for all EWA IP Telephony system components
• Management of the digital media signage application system
• Administration of the Queue manager system used for managing the Authority main phone operators and IT helpdesk
• Administration of the IPT billing software system
• Maintenance of the Authority internal phone directory and integrating it with user management process
• Participate in disaster recovery (Failover and failback testing) procedures related to the Authority IT network and IP Telephony system
• Conduct monthly and quarterly network security vulnerability scanning and reporting for all the Authority IT infrastructure including network devices, servers, database and application systems
• Generate reports for IT security vulnerabilities scanning, IP telephony queues
• Troubleshoot and resolve all IP Telephony issues and new request raised by end users through the Authority IT help desk
• Conduct site surveys to analyze requirements for new networking requests
• Supervision of third party contractors during the installation of new network points or other related assignments.
• Troubleshoot and complete all network issues and new request raised by end users through the Authority IT help desk within 2 business days
• Survey the Authority branches to identify existing network connectivity layout and prepare documentations and drawings for each branch network physical layer
• Re-arrangement of network cables in network racks and network patch panels
• Physical installation of network edge switches at any of the Authority branches
• Apply asset tagging on network points, patch panels and switch interfaces
• Apply the Authority port security policies on edge network switches
• Apply and troubleshoot 802.1x authentication protocol on edge switches
• Health monitoring of edge network switches
• Responding to incidents affecting the network physical connectivity on edge switches or user workstations
• Participate in disaster recovery procedures related to the Authority IT network and IP Telephony
• Configuration of interfaces on the network edge switches with the corresponding asset tag of the connecting network point
• Reporting to the Authority senior network engineer on all assigned tasks on a weekly basis
• Escalation advanced technical issues to the Authority senior network engineer
• Physical installation of IP Telephone sets for end users
• Monitor antivirus client status, update and events on user workstations through the Authority enterprise antivirus console
• Apply latest antivirus signatures on user workstations according to the following schedule:
• Minimum of 65% of all antivirus clients must be running with the latest signature updates at a given time
• Maximum of 20% of all antivirus clients could be running with 5 days old signature updates
• Maximum of 10% of all antivirus clients could be running with 10 days old signature updates
• Maximum of 5% of all antivirus clients could be running with 6 weeks old signature updates
• Report on antivirus client updates and incidents to the Authority senior network engineer on a weekly basis
• Provide compliance and analytical report on antivirus status on a monthly basis to the Authority senior network engineer
• Troubleshoot and complete all virus requests raised by end users through the Authority IT help desk within 2 business days
• Monitor global viruses and malware alerts, assess their relevance to the Authority IT environment and report to the senior network engineer on potential risks related to these alerts.
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 30 days
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems - Bahrain and shall be deputed to one of the Government Organizations in Bahrain.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +91 471 3073535.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button