Urgent Chief of Security Monitoring for Bahrain[10/19/17]
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, USA, Australia, Singapore & India.
VAM Systems is currently looking for Chief of Security Monitoring for our Bahrain operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
• Experience in security monitoring and incident response; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
• Strong understanding of network, computer and server technologies, including experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, and segregation techniques and technologies
• Must be familiar with standard security concepts, practices and procedures
• Experience with information security best practices
• Leadership & well-developed people management skills – ability to motivate and develop subordinates and peers and promote teamwork
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the business
• Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously and operate effectively under pressure
• Good English & Arabic language skills – written and spoken
The Chief of Security Monitoring should be a graduate of computer science and must have 7 to 12 years of relevant experience.
In addition, must possess all of the following certifications:
• GSEC: GIAC Security Essentials
• GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler
• GCIA: GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst
• GMON: GIAC Continuous Monitoring Certification
• GNFA: GIAC Network Forensic Analyst
In addition, must possess one or more of the following certifications:
Leadership and people management
• Provide direction and guidance to officers in their assigned job duties.
• Organize, direct and control the activities of the section to ensure and maintain consistent support and delivery of services within defined Operational and Service Level Agreement standards.
• Monitor and analyze training needs for the section and ensure the provision of appropriate training interventions so that employees at all levels have the required skills and knowledge to deliver organizational objectives.
Service delivery and technical standards
• Accountable to design and utilize dashboards or platform specific consoles, repositories, and/or third-party security services associated with security processes and tools to represent threats and vulnerabilities in the environment
• Accountable to manage security tools and security monitoring of systems that are operated by the IT organization while expanding the usage of security monitoring tools
• Accountable to define the configuration parameters for monitoring tools; including alerts, correlation rules, and reporting
• Accountable to function as the technical lead for security monitoring and incident response
• Accountable to act as a knowledge resource regarding security monitoring tools and incident response strategies
• Accountable to create and maintain technical documentation for security tools, perform system health checks, create test cases and lead the upgrade of security tools
• Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement, such as improvements in security controls and lead the design and implementation of related improvements
• Accountable to manage the product roadmaps for the security tools and stay abreast of the latest information security controls, practices, techniques and capabilities in the marketplace
• Accountable to identify old and new security incidents and coordinate response to security incidents.
• Accountable to implement and maintain continuous security monitoring operational model.
• Accountable to proactively identify and analyze complex internal and external threats, including viruses, Trojan horses, targeted attacks, unauthorized access, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
Purpose of the position
• Managing and monitoring of the network and systems
• Managing the various SIEM, scanning tools, assessing and analyzing the data collected from those tools, as well as tracking and reporting on suspicious activity.
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: 1 month
The selected candidates shall join VAM Systems - Bahrain and shall be deputed to one of the leading Government Organizations in Bahrain.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest resume in MS Word format at the earliest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +91 471 3073535.
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button